Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Long Time

Hi everyone. It's election day, but no polotics here. I'm so glad all this stuff is over. Nothing makes me more upset than people mandating others conform to their idea of 'right' by passing laws to garuntee it. I guess I'm a libertarian at heart. I'll tell you one thing I did vote for: Local Measure R.


So the cat situation is still about the same, except the kitties are big. Still have 9 of them, Wrigley (our first, grey), Blossom & Tulip (mom and daughter, adopted from Mountains Humane Society, norweigian snow cat), Twilight (all black, showed up on the doorstep), Polyphony (black with white puffs on chest, showed up on doorstep, PREGNANT!), Columbia (or columbus according to my wife), Wonder, Lewis Hamilton, and Big Boy Jr. At the moment we are sleeping in the bedroom with Wrigley and the door closed. The kittens are very loving, but they are much too loving for the middle of the night. They like licking my mustache and plowing their heads into my armpits. I've also been bitten on the nipple in my sleep, not too fun.


We had been taking care of an outside cat we named Mr. Wrigley (because he looked like guess who), but he was so well behaved and got along with cats so well we took him to a foster home. So now he is hanging out with other orpahns like himself waiting for a nice home of his own. He's much too pretty to be outside. In Mr. Wrig's absense we have had 4 other cats frequenting the deck. Little sister (who we actually think is a boy now) has got to be polyphony's sibling. He/she doesn't come around much and doesn't eat much when it does. There is Mama (who we arent sure if it's a boy or girl) who likes to fight any of the next two cats I'm mentioning when she sees them. Surgery Cat (named because we saw her/ him with a patch missing from a procedure unknown to us) is very sweet and has a face just like Twilight. The latest is Fluffy Cat who is very small and very timid. I don't even have a guess as to its' sex.


A couple weeks ago I was outside working and heard a cat crying. I went to check it out and noticed a cat 80 feet up in a tree. The owner guy heard me walking around and we tried to brainstorm about how to get it. We didn't have too many ideas. He climbed up a heck of a way and tied carrier with food up in the tree. The poor cat was in the tree for 4 and a half days. I don't know what ended up happening, but there are a bunch of branches that were cut off, but not in any order I can figure. Also the top of the tree is missing. Maybe someone wanted an early Christmas tree.


I was changing the oil on the car the other day and noticed something quite disturbing. There was a bold sticking out of a crack in the timing belt cover. My guess is that when we took it to the dealer to fix the timing belt they did not tighten all the bolts. Not really sure what to do, because I don't want to take it back to the dealer (they screwed it up the first time). I guess I'm just going to check it out myself, make sure the other bolts are tight and see about replacing the first one. I swear you cannot have anything done by anyone without having them screw it up. It's a good thing I know how to do alot.


Sunday was the final race in the 2008 Formula 1 season. It was without a doubt the most gut-wrenching finish to a championship in sport I have ever seen. It will probably be the best ending to a season in any sport in my lifetime.

No comments: